- Winger Shaun Wright-Phillips is expected to overcome an ankle problem to play against his old side.
- Bulgarian Martin Petrov could return after two weeks out with a sprained knee.
- Robinho scored his debut goal for City in the corresponding fixture last season.
- City are still unbeaten at Eastlands this term but have drawn their last three games.
- Defender Pablo Zabaleta is struggling with injury.
- Mark Hughes’ side has drawn a club record seven successive league matches.
- City have conceded in nine of their last ten Premier League fixtures.
- Hughes’ team has scored just once in their last eight meetings with Chelsea.
- Left back Ashley Cole is expected to overcome a hamstring strain to start.
- Leading scorer Didier Drogba has scored 11 goals in 13 Premier League appearances this season.
- The Blues have kept clean sheets in six of their last seven league games.
- arlo Ancelotti’s side has won their last five Premier League fixtures without conceding a goal.
- Chelsea have won the last eight meetings between the two teams.
- Striker Salomon Kalou is out for a fortnight with a torn thigh muscle.
- Brazilian defender Alex is struggling to overcome a hip problem.
- Full back Jose Bosingwa is out until the New Year after knee surgery.