- Owen Coyle will face his old side for the first time since quitting to become Bolton boss this month.
- Coyle claimed his first victory at the weekend with a 2-0 win over Sheffield United in the FA Cup.
- Vladimir Weiss could make his debut after joining on loan from Manchester City.
- The Trotters are unbeaten against Burnley in their last eight meetings.
- Midfielder Mark Davies is facing up to three weeks out with an ankle injury.
- Defender Danny Shittu is away on international duty at the African Cup of Nations.
- Bolton are still to keep a clean sheet in the Premier League this season.
- The Trotters have conceded in their last 22 league games.
- Chris McCann, Jay Rodriquez and Martin Paterson could all feature after being passed fit following long-term injuries.
- Defender Clarke Carlisle is in line to return after three weeks out with a groin strain.
- Striker David Nugent scored when the two sides shared a 1-1 draw on Boxing Day.
- Four of the last five games between the clubs have ended in draws.
- Striker Steven Fletcher is a doubt with an ankle problem.
- Burnley have taken just one point from 11 away games - the worst record in the Premier League.
- They have conceded an average of more than three goals a game in that period.
- Steven Caldwell is out for another week with a groin problem.
- Burnley have not won in ten league games.